Friday 4 October 2013

Journal Day - World Teachers Day Tomorrow

Grade 10:  Which character are you playing?  What does the character's name mean to you?  What other characters appear in your scene?  What is your scenario?  How will you play your character (voice, physicality, costume, makeup, etc.)?

Grade 8:  Comment on another group's fairy tale mime.  Which performance stood out?  Which moment was most memorable?  How could the mime be improved?

Grade 9:  Why did you choose the story you did as your first scene?  What aspects of the story make it most accessible to you?  What ideas does your group have for a framework?  How will it help present your stories?

It's World Teacher Day tomorrow.  Think of a teacher who made a difference in your life.  I've had lots of good teachers (my mother was a teacher and although I never was her student in a classroom, she continues to inspire me ten years after her death -- she taught me to really appreciate the world around me and how glorious it is to be alive -- what a wonderful gift!) but one teacher who really helped me was my English teacher in Grade 7.  His name was Mr. Tunbridge and he loved reading and passed his enthusiasm on to his students and he also had a great sense of humour and laughed at the performances I did as part of English and made me think I might be able to actually be an actor myself.  Thanks, Mr. Tunbridge, wherever you are!


No comments:

Post a Comment