Saturday 13 April 2019

Report Card Time



I am spending this rainy Saturday doing report cards, which I dislike intensely.  Just like many of you, when it is time to work on report cards, I procrastinate with every fibre of my being and come up with all sorts of tasks that need to be done, like cleaning out the basement or going through all my bills and throwing out the old ones or watering the plants or anything that will take the place of the report cards.

Nowadays, when I post the marks, apparently you have access to them immediately.  I will post all of them over the course of the weekend, so if you or your parents want a sneak peak, take a look.  Obviously, if you think I've gone terribly awry, make sure you mention it to me on Monday and I'll check your mark.  If you missed some journals, hand them in on Monday and I'll try to add that to your mark.

Keep in mind, too, that this is just an indication of where you are at this point in the term.  If you're getting a B or an A, that's a sign that you're on the right track.  If you're getting a C-, you need to read my comments carefully so see where you're falling short.  Usually it's a matter of rehearsing so you're ready to go on the performance day, being respectful of your classmates and groupmates by actively listening and taking their suggestions seriously, keeping up with your journals, using a big voice and crisp diction and concentrating on stage.  Those are the most common things that students in drama need to work on.

Enjoy your weekend.  At least, it's not really nice out.  If it was, I'd find even more reasons not to sit at my desk and work!

No comments:

Post a Comment