Thursday 4 February 2021

My COVID Valentine!

 Welcome to Quarter 3!  We are halfway through this crazy, unprecedented year.  I don't think we have any idea what normal is going to be like or when we will be getting back to it, but we are doing our best to live in the moment and I am looking forward to working with all you new students for the next couple of months or so.

Senior Drama -- Keep checking with the blog, especially on your off days.  You are expected to be doing school work, even though you are not here, so it is a time to write your journals and learn your Shakespeare recitation and prepare for class.

Practice the speech from "Romeo and Juliet".

Journal #1:  Write about a memory you have of a past Valentine's Day.  It can be just the slightest seed of an idea.  Would you be able to make this idea into a short play about Valentine's Day?

Do you like romantic comedies?  Why is this such a popular genre?  Write about a movie that fits this genre.  Say who directed it, who the lead actors are, why you like it, and describe a scene in detail.   My favourite rom-com is "Moonstruck" starring Cher and Nicholas Cage (directed by Norman Jewison).  The whole cast is magnificent and it is funny and romantic and if I am feeling a bit sad, it always picks up my spirits.  One of my favourite scenes is when Cher (Loretta) meets Nicholas Cage (Ronnie) and he describes why he and his brother (Loretta's fiance) have fallen out.  He raises his hand and yells, "I lost my hand!  I lost my girl!"  Then a woman who works in the bakery with Ronnie says, "I love this man, but he doesn't know I'm alive.  Because he always remembers how he lost his girl and lost his hand."  Something like that.  My description doesn't sound funny, but if you see the scene, it is and it's also quite romantic.  It is a great jewel of a movie. 

Drama 9:

What is the funniest movie you've ever seen?  Give the title of the movie, the name of the director, the actors that you like best and describe the funniest scene.  Why do you like the movie?

No comments:

Post a Comment