Wednesday 24 June 2015

A Day of Reckoning

Come and get your report cards at noon on Thursday, and then you're free for the summer.  If you did well, congratulations!  If you did your best, congratulations!  If you didn't, think about what you can do differently next year.  After all, we're here to learn and not just facts, but ways of dealing with the world.

Thanks to those of you who came in today with the idea of cleaning up.  Sorry there wasn't much to do!  The painters are in and the floor is so glossy (at least the part they've painted).  I know, it won't last long, but right now, it looks great. 

Ms. James and Ms. Roach cleaned up the prop room (and threw stuff out! I tried to look the other way because I'm such a pack rat) and it also looks great.  I was going to clean my office today, but the painters were there and so I didn't.  Procrastination hits again!

People have asked me what I'm going to do for the summer.  Some of you know how fond I am of making lists:
1)  Read "Tartuffe".  Mr. Price suggested it as a play we might do next year and I can't remember much about it, so I'm going to read it.  I'm actually leaning towards something serious and modern, though, so I'll be looking further afield than this.
2) Finish the romance novel I started during the strike!  Not reading one, but writing one. I like the characters but I've got them to a point and don't know how to get them further along.
3) Clean the house from top to toe.  (I got started during report card time, but now it's for real!)
4)  Write in my blog more. Maybe remember how to put pictures in it.
5) Try to take some time to smell the roses!

You should try the list making thing.  I usually try to put something on that I want to do, something I really don't want to do, something easy and something that's just drudgery.  That way I feel some sense of achievement.  If it's all really hard stuff, then it's too hard to check the things off, which is part of the fun of a list.

No comments:

Post a Comment