Thursday 4 June 2015

Journals for Friday, June 5

Grade 8's:  What lesson do you need to learn?  Write a little story that shows why you need to learn that lesson.  Example:  I need to learn to believe in myself.  Story:  I was afraid to try out for the play.  I had always wanted to be in a play, but I thought I might forget my lines or look stupid, so I never did.  I went to the auditions with my friend, Alice.  She convinced me to try.  I auditioned and the director said I could play the part of the maid, who had only one line.  I came to every rehearsal and the director said I could understudy the lead, so I did.  The lead got sick on opening night and I had to perform.  It was great!  I loved performing (even though I was scared) and the audience was really enthusiastic and lots of people told me that they laughed and cried all through the play and that they loved it.  Now I am in all the plays and I really enjoy it.  (This is a fictional story.)

Grade 9/10's:  Which Shakespeare scene was the best?  Name the actors and describe what they did to make the scene memorable and realistic.

Theatre Production:  Choose one of the Shakespeare scenes and create a lighting and sound plot for it.  Explain why you choose the lighting and sound that you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment