Tuesday 16 June 2015

This is the end, my friend!

Make sure you finish all your journals!  If you look here on the blog, you will find the topics from over the term.  I hope you will remember which ones you wrote and then you will know which ones you didn't write.  If you kept a notebook (remember, I suggested that at the beginning) you will see what you have done and haven't.  I have until Friday to change marks.  The office is printing report cards on Tuesday, so there will be no changes after the weekend!

If you want to redo a presentation, let me know.  I have office hours from 10:30 to 12:30 and will be in the theatre at that time.  You should practice before you present.  Otherwise, you're wasting your time.

This has been a very difficult year, but I have found my students to be a great comfort -- your energy and enthusiasm is infectious (in a good way) and I appreciate all the efforts you've made, your willingness to take chances and your kindness to me in the last little while. 

I hope you all have an excellent summer!  Remember our conversation today about what you have learned.  Don't be afraid!  Fear can crush an intrepid heart.  Don't let other people discourage you.  If they don't like you or sneer at you, it's their loss!  Be careful.  Think about what you're doing.  Is it foolhardy?  Will it hurt you?  Will it hurt someone else?  (That includes your parents.) 

Don't live a virtual life.  Get outside.  Take a walk along the water.  Watch a bird.  Help someone out.  Be a good friend.  Read a book that someone recommended.  Listen to different kinds of music.  Have a conversation with someone in your family that you don't usually talk to.  Embrace the time you have to live your life.  It is such a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment