Friday 19 March 2021

Online theatre opps!

If you are missing drama and want to see some plays (I am!), there are a couple of good options for you and you can also see what local post-secondary theatre programs are doing these days!

"Tomorrow Love" is still on at Studio 58 at Langara.  One of the plays, "Office Friends", features our talented alum, Angus Yam, in both the English and Cantonese (translated by Angus himself) versions.  It's a really fun performance and I enjoyed both versions (even though I do not speak or understand Cantonese).

Douglas College is presenting George F. Walker's "Zastrozzi" on March 24 - 26.  (You can find the link on the Theatre Production page for Douglas College).  The play is very quirky and is about the master criminal, Zastrozzi, who seeks revenge for his mother's death.

I will send out the links (via email) to our two short productions from this term -- "The Love Connection" and "London Nocturne" -- which are posted on my Youtube channel.  If you don't get an email from me, let me know and I will send you the links again.

I have been working hard on "Spoon River" since we started spring break and almost have finished splicing it all together.  Something to look forward to!  Thanks to all of you for lending your talents to such a big project!

No comments:

Post a Comment