Friday 11 April 2014

Half the Battle

I think I have incorporated everyone's last minute journals and I will try to post your marks on the door on Monday.  Check to see if you think your mark is accurate.  I appreciate all your work this term.  If you are in Grade 9 or in Acting 11 and 12, this is just a sign post along the way.  Your final grade in June is the one that will stay with you! Grade 8's, your Drama mark will be averaged with your Art mark for your final grade.  Grade 8's, we will meet next week until Thursday and will do improv in teams until then.

 The Wars of 1812 run:
Good work today, cast and crew!  We are in the last push and we must PUSH together to get to the show.  Let's really try to clear out our schedules for the next couple of weeks, so we can really be ready for the show.  We still have a lot of work to do.  I really appreciate those of you who got on stage without scripts.  You know they're just a CRUTCH at this point, right?

I spent the evening cutting the script, so we don't go over TWO HOURS.  I know Rachel is trying to figure out a schedule for next week, but I would really appreciate it if we could all meet in the theatre at lunch on Monday in order to go through the script and record the cuts I've made.  If I cut something of yours, it doesn't mean you're not terrific.  I'm just looking for stuff that doesn't advance the plot.  Alyssa, you'll be happy to know I cut the baby.  I really wanted it in there, but you are right.  It isn't necessary.  If any of you are reading this, could you put it on the Drama Club facebook page?

No comments:

Post a Comment