Sunday 18 December 2016

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

We've been treated to another "snow day" and I've actually posted a picture from my walk in the park! (it's a Festivus miracle! {Seinfeld reference}).


 I met a man in the park this morning who said he'd moved here from Alberta in September and one of the reasons was to avoid the snow!  But he was quite positive about it and said that being in the park was like being in church, because it is so quiet and peaceful and you feel very closely connected to the beauty and power of the glorious world in which we live.  Daisy and I saw lots of beautiful things on our walk.  Flocks of gorgeous black and white Goldeneye ducks scooted along the smooth grey water and the trees are all laden with big gobs of thick white snow and all the people are bundled up and rosy cheeked and smiling.  Even people in their cars seemed friendlier, waving and shaking their heads in sympathy with us trudging along on the unshovelled sidewalks.  It is snowing heavily now and you can barely see across the water to the north shore.

I just wanted to send out my warmest wishes to the kids in the Drama Club for inviting me to the wrap party for Macbeth.  It was lots of fun and it was great to see so many of you and enjoy all the food and share some laughs and wipe the floor with all of you playing charades!  (Although I clearly need lessons in keeping up with popular music!  I listened to the original "Riders on the Storm" when I got home!)  If I can get "For My Name is Will" done over the holidays, we will have a little read through in January, so I can make edits and changes.

And to all of you, drama club or not, I wish you a very happy, safe holiday with all the things you like crammed into it and very few of the things you don't like (into every life, a little rain must fall, of course -- for example, I don't like vacuuming, but I have to do it and once it's done, it feels good to see no dog hair on the floor!)  Think of how lucky you are and be grateful for your good fortune.  Smile at people.  Give someone a compliment.  Help somebody out.  Have a laugh or two.  Be patient.  Get outside.  Happy holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment