Thursday 19 January 2017

Walk in someone else's shoes

Good work on the extended role play today, everyone.  If you're like me, your character took on a life of her own and did what she wanted, unbidden by you.  January was a bit whiny, I found (although I did not imagine her to be like that at all) and a bit hopeful and a bit child-like.  I was so happy when people spoke to me, because I hoped that meant that I wasn't the "new girl" any more.  I think that's January's main hope.

It is so interesting to see the transformation that some of you are capable of.  I was very impressed by how you had thought about your character and dressed like you thought she or he would dress and behaved like you thought the character might.  If you feel like you didn't do anything differently, try again tomorrow and take some more risks in taking on the persona of another person.  If you don't, you don't get the full impact of the exercise.

Drama 9 - 12:  Write about the successes you experienced in playing the role play.  Describe your view of the character, whether or not the character turned out the way you imagined, and what you did to create someone different from yourself.  It is helpful to me if you write about interactions you had with other students, because I would not be aware of them otherwise.

Drama 8:  Which of the Aesop lessons do you need to learn?  Explain why.  (A favourite lesson is "Beware of the insincere friend" because it seems like students who arrive at high school often experience the end of an elementary school friendship -- you grow apart and then the person you liked and trusted in Grade 7 sometimes betrays you.  Unfortunate, but I guess it's a learning experience.)

No comments:

Post a Comment