Friday 8 September 2017

Welcome (back)!

I hope your first week of September was just stupendous.   I always find it a terrible shock to get so busy so fast!  From lazy summer days of reading and walking and lounging, to making my lunch and driving my car and preparing and teaching my classes, it's from 0 to 110 in what seems like minutes!

Anyway, sorry I didn't post this last night.  My son will tell you our WIFI is terrible and I couldn't get onto the computer. . .

Here are your journal topics for week one of September.  This is JOURNAL #1.  Do them weekly and it won't be an issue.

Grade 8:

What should Ms. Kosar know about you?  You should certainly include any drama experiences you've had (elementary school plays, classes in public speaking, reading Shakespeare in your spare time . . . )  You can include anything else you think might help me teach you and understand you better.  Also, please tell me whether or not you have stage fright.  Lots of people do -- you won't be the only one.  Perhaps you could add what you expect from Drama this term.

All the world's a stage
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances
And one man in his time plays many parts.

If you say that daily, you'll learn it!

Everyone else:

Write about a movie or a play you've seen recently.   It doesn't have to be new, just fresh in your mind.  It doesn't have to be in English.

Provide the title and a brief (two sentences tops) summary of the plot.  Describe the setting or settings.  Choose one actor -- what was their performance like?  (Provide details, like describing one scene.)  Who is the director?  Find out something about the director -- style, how they became a director, etc.  Did you like it?  Why or why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment