Thursday 3 October 2019

An apple a day keeps the doctor away!

Well, it didn't help me much -- I have been sick all week and today I just collapsed!  I woke up and felt achy all over and my cough was really bad, so I stayed in bed the entire day and slept and I feel better today, although I still have the cough.  I hope on the weekend, I'll spend two days of solid sleep and relaxation and that I'll be 100% on Monday.  I hope you all had a great day today.

Grade 8's -- I want to see your fairy tale mimes AT LAST.  Your journal is about them.

How did your fairy tale mime performance go?  What went well?  What needed improvement?  Did anyone act as a leader for the group?  Did anyone hinder the progress of the group?  What did you do to help?

Which performance was your favourite?  Explain why.

Grade 9/10's -- Write your heritage story.  Include details, like where it takes place and when.  Use the people's names.

Senior Drama -- What are your thoughts about the interactive Hallowe'en performance?  What do you think of my idea about a murder trial?  We will need actors, writers, lighting and sound technicians, costumes, hair and makeup, a set.  Which job is suitable for you to do?

Actors -- there will be large and small roles -- the defence and prosecuting attorneys, the accused, witnesses -- those are large roles;  smaller roles would be the judge, the bailiff, the court stenographer, reporters.  What sort of role would you like?

Theatre production -- make a sketch of a costume you think would be suitable for one of the characters -- say who the character is and why you choose the outfit you do.  Make sure to include colour!   Make a sketch of what you think the set should look like.  Include colour!

Directed studies -- your course is really open to what you want to study.  Let's have each of you write a brief scene (1 - 2 pages) of a courtroom drama you think could have some scary potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment