Thursday 21 January 2021

What is unspoken?

Drama 9

Your subtext scene:

A:  I hate you!

B:  I hate you even more.

A:  I hate you because you don't care about anything.

B:  I don't care.

A:  Hey, listen to me for one minute.

B:  No, you listen to me.

A:  I don't want to.

B:  Okay, then don't.

(Pause - 5 seconds!)

A:  Okay.

What is happening in this scene?  Think of two ways you could perform it.  Make them very different!  Think of "stage business" -- some sort of activity that doesn't necessarily stem from the words in the script.  Make strong choices.  Don't decide that you actually don't care.  It's always best if you do care!

Journal:

Which commedia dell'arte scene was the best?  Why do you say so?  Who was the funniest actor in the class?  Why?  How did your scene go - what was good?  what needed improvement?

Have you ever said to anyone that you hate them?  What made you say that?

Drama 8:

Read your Creation of the World story out loud several times.  That will help you learn your lines.

Journal:

Which fairy tale mime was your favourite?  Explain why you liked it.

How do you think the world was created?  Could you make a play about it?  Which character will you play?  What will you wear?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment