Saturday 15 March 2014

somebody who's bored is asleep, and somebody who's asleep will not say no

Enjoy your spring break.  Two whole weeks with nothing in them yet, and you can make them any way you like.  Of course, you can't decide to suddenly fly off to Peru, if you don't have the air fare or if your family has other plans or obligations, but you could learn about Peru, or you could be a tourist in your own city.  One thing I think I'll do is go to the Vancouver Police Museum.  I've read about it and it sounds like it would be really interesting.
 
I got up at my usual 5:25 a.m. to walk Daisy this morning, because William had a soccer game in Surrey at 9 (be there at 8!!)  It was cold and wet and they lost 5-0, so it wasn't a glorious start to the break, but then we were outside and anticipating the next 14 days, so it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

Cast members of the play:  good work yesterday in plunging through the whole thing.  Those of you who didn't come -- I know some of you were off on holidays, but some of you didn't tell Rachel or Karina that you couldn't make it, so that causes some stress for the rest of us.  It is a bit of a slam when I've made every effort to give you all a chance to perform and some of you aren't taking advantage of that chance.  Make sure you try to clear April, so we can choreograph some of the group scenes. And I hope when we return to school on the 31st, you all know your lines!

I saw "My Dinner with Andre" last night.  It is a movie in which Wallace Shawn, a New York playwright and actor, has dinner with his old friend, mentor and theatre director, Andre Gregory.  Most of the movie is their dinner conversation.  No explosions, so some of you would say nothing happens, but for me, it's great because the conversation is really interesting and Wally and Andre are so different.  I love the music (Satie) and the wild experiences of Andre and Wally's description of his relishing of the mundane things in his life.  The title quote I've used is from the movie.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment