Wednesday 5 May 2021

Meet the Teacher!

 Today in A1, we recorded our version of "What's So Great About Drama?" which will be available to parents as part of my youtube "Meet the Teacher" video.  A2 will also record this little advertisement for Drama, and I will post the information about how to access it tomorrow after we film it and I post it on You-tube.  I have sent all your parents and guardians the link to my video and also the handout I gave you on the first day.  In the video, I explain how our class works and what we will be doing this quarter.

We are working on the WAG Gala, so you should all be thinking of how to accomplish it as a partially live, partially recorded event.  Would we "screen-share" the parts we record and then have the actual awards live?  Since no one is allowed to gather in the theatre, it does present a quandary -- you guys are more technological than I am, so I'd appreciate your suggestions.

I have also been given the chance to see some of your capstone projects and to comment on some.  I am finding them very interesting.  Our SLSS students have such diverse interests!  If you haven't handed in your capstone project yet, get on it!  You need it to graduate!  It doesn't have to be terrifying.  Just talk about something you're interested in and it should be easy.  Think about how long I could talk about theatre.

This is mental health week.  Yesterday's theme was Kindness and today's was Resilience.  If you would like to draw or write on one of the masks that Sharks Minds Matter gave us today, I still have some on my desk and you can do one tomorrow, if you are in A2.


No comments:

Post a Comment