Monday 5 July 2021

Hello to the holidays!

 Last week at this time, we had started on our last week of school, although, like everything this year, it was a strange one.  Things have gotten back to normal, a bit, but according to my weather book, it was much cooler last year at this time and I do think the temperatures are unseasonably high.  I hope that heat dome will convince the powerful that it is time to do something substantive about climate change, which scares the dickens out of me.

So this is the first week of our actual summer holidays and I hope you have plans that you are looking forward to, or perhaps, no plans because you're going to relax and take it easy and not rush around.  That is my situation.  I am not doing anything or going anywhere this summer.  I am not ready to jump back into activity, just because I have my two vaccines and the restrictions are lifting.  I'm not actually scared, really, but I admit I liked lots of things about the social isolation routines, and will hold onto them for a little longer.

For the grade 12's -- please accept my heartiest good wishes for a wonderful "last" summer and also for a terrific future, whatever you might have decided to do.  Don't pressure yourself to decide on your entire future, either.  Take things as they come -- if you are going off to school, enjoy what it has to offer -- both in class and outside of class -- but know that nothing is cast in stone and if you change your major or decide you want to do something else, that's fine.  You are young and the world is your oyster!  If you aren't going to go to school next year, think of something to do that will bring you joy!  Get a job and make some money (that feels good).  Volunteer somewhere and help the world we live in (that feels good, too).  Do both!  Learn how to cook (everyone loves a good cook).  The main thing is -- don't be a stranger!  Our little theatre will always have a corner for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment