Monday 23 August 2021

My poor blog!

I am ashamed that I have neglected my blog for an entire month!  I was asking my son last night how to use Instagram (and he is always so unhelpful . . . saying things like "you just do" and "it's easy" which do not guide me a bit!) and I said I was trying to get in touch with kids who might be interested in taking part in the Steveston Historical Society vignettes and he said, "why not use your blog?"  Of course, I don't know how many people look at my blog, especially over the summer, but it is worth a shot.  If you are interested in the vignettes, email me!  Just ask kids who have done it before -- it was quite fun and you get paid to be an actor, which is very cool and not that common.  

I hope you've all been having a nice summer vacation.  I have.  My house is very clean and tidy and I exercise every day (and go to an Aquafit class twice a week) and I have been reading a lot (I have discovered this series of mystery novels by Charles Todd {who is actually a mother and son writing team} that follow the cases of Inspector Ian Rutledge of Scotland Yard.  He has recently returned from fighting in the First World War and is struggling with PTSD (which they called "shell shock" in those days) but is trying to do his work as a way of moving on with his life.  He is still a good detective and the stories are very intricate (I have to keep going back to check who certain characters are), but I am really enjoying the books.

Of course, it being me, I have been making lists of "to do's" for each week, which include things that I don't want to do (like clean out the garage), things that I want to do, but have to push myself to start (like writing a play, which I have called "Lies and More Lies") and things that I am "scared" to do (not really scared, but you know those things that you're not sure about -- like phoning someone to ask a question and you're not sure how to phrase the question or whether you'll understand the answer -- I'm probably not explaining this very well, but usually the thing involves financial matters and phoning and I am not good with either thing). 

I took care of my friend's dog for a couple of weeks.  He is very cute and it was lots of fun to have him in the house and he was great company on my walks to the park.  His name is "Izzy".  See if you can spot him with all the stuffed animals!


Okay, I hope to hear from any of you who are interested in the vignettes!  And I will see you all in two weeks, and a day!


No comments:

Post a Comment