Wednesday 25 August 2021

Get Off My Cloud

 On my "to do" list for the summer was to learn how to use the Drama Department camera (at least a bit).  I don't want to always have to ask you guys how to make it do stuff!  So I took it to my favourite park yesterday and experimented a bit.  I will do the same today and see what comes about.  Here is some of my handiwork.




Mr. Akselrod would tell me (I think) that I need to be careful to refine the edges, like in the water picture, there is a rock in the bottom right corner that is serving no purpose.  But I am learning, right?

One thing I've noticed in my walks is that there are a lot of masks discarded on the streets.  You need to dispose of your mask appropriately, or birds and small animals might get stuck in the strings.  You should cut the strings off and then throw all of it in an appropriate bin.  Check to see if it is biodegradable and then deal with it properly.

You might have heard that the great Charlie Watts, the drummer for the greatest rock and roll band of all time (the Rolling Stones, in case you aren't sure) died yesterday.  That was very sad news for everyone.  I can't remember a time when Charlie Watts wasn't an important person to me.  His music has been part of my life's soundtrack since I was a little girl.  If you don't know about the Rolling Stones, you should -- they are amazing musicians, performers and song writers and also very colourful characters -- Charlie Watts, of course, and Keith Richards, Mick Jagger, Ron Wood, Bill Wyman and Brian Jones (who, sadly, died at a very young age -- at 27 -- he drowned in his own swimming pool after struggling with drug and alcohol abuse for some time).  They have written, recorded and performed so many amazing songs that it is impossible to list them all -- when you see them in concert, they play lots of their old songs and always new ones as well, and you think each time, "oh, this is such a great song" and then there is another and another.  Some of my favourites -- "Jumpin' Jack Flash", "Satisfaction", "Tumblin' Dice", "Sympathy for the Devil", "Start Me Up", "Midnight Rambler", "Paint It Black", "Ruby Tuesday", "19th Nervous Breakdown", "Wild Horses" -- oh, I could go on forever and not say them all.  Listen to some of them -- you won't be sorry.


1 comment:

  1. Charlie Watts was also the only Stone who had a successful marriage. He was a great husband and father. May he Rest In Peace!��

    ReplyDelete