Thursday 25 November 2021

Journals for November 26

 Drama 8:   How well do you work with others?  (Rate yourself on a scale with 1 being not good at all and 5 being terrific!)  What are some skills you have that help you work with a group?  What areas do you need to improve?  Are you a good leader?  Explain why or why not.  Write about an experience you had working in a group and explain what you learned from it.  (It doesn't have to be a good experience.  Sometimes we learn from bad experiences, too.)

Drama 9/10:  A police officer comes to your door and says you have to leave your home in five minutes.  What do you do?  (If you don't have a plan, you should come up with one!)  How do you think you would feel?  (Several of your heritage stories have this plot idea and you need to empathize with the people who lived it and right now in BC, people have had that experience and we should empathize with them, too.)

Senior Drama:  Write a short poem or paragraph about a metaphor for your theme.

If your theme was "education" and your metaphor was "education is a bumpy road", you could write about that.

I walked along the road and some of it was washed away.

I learned to build a bridge.

I crossed the bridge and walked along.

There was a man standing there who said I could not pass.

I learned to fight.

I defeated him and walked along.

The wind blew hard and held me back.

I learned to persevere.

A child stood at the side of the road.  "Stop!  I'm lost!"

I learned to help.

I reached the end of the road.  My dear ones were there.  They held out their arms.

I learned to rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment