Friday 19 April 2013

Hello to the bloggosphere!

My first post on my blog.  Thanks to Ms. Matsuzaki for helping me get started.

I was using Edmodo but I got locked out, so I've decided to try this instead.  I hope this will help me keep in touch with my students without any glitches, but if you know me, you know that glitches are the name of the game.  But that's how we learn, right?

Block A:  Goodbye to First Term Grade 8's.  Your Aesop Fables plays were great and I appreciate all your hard work throughout the term.

Welcome to the new Grade 8's.  I look forward to meeting you all.  Make sure you bring a notebook and a pencil on Friday for journal writing!

Block C and D:  Think about your object and what it might mean as a symbol.  The lone chair in the middle of the stage says that someone is missing who is important to the other people in the play.  It might mean that someone's presence is there even if they aren't physically there.  Could that person have died?  Or have left the family in the lurch?  Think of ways to use symbols that communicate layers of meaning to your audience.

Journals:  This is the current journal which is due!  Write about your heritage project.  What did you think it would be like?  What was your vision?  How did the final project compare to your vision?  What did you personally contribute?  How would you rate your contribution?  Explain your answer.

Drama Club:  Mark is setting up a facebook page for "The Steve Life of Jack and Brody".  Make sure Mark has your coordinates.  If you aren't on Facebook, then make sure you check the bulletin board outside the theatre for the rehearsal schedule.  Don't miss rehearsals!  We have a very short time to put this together and lots of people want to play your part.  Next time we audition for a play (Midsummer Night's Dream and "The Wars of 1812") and you say you want a big part, if you've ditched rehearsals, that's a consideration!

Next week, we will miss Wednesday and Thursday for teacher interviews, so you get two days off to learn your lines!  Remember, you can't really start acting until you GET RID OF YOUR SCRIPT!

No comments:

Post a Comment