Sunday 10 November 2013

Lest We Forget

Thanks to everyone who took part in the Remembrance Day ceremony at school on Friday.  It was very moving and much appreciated by me and my class.  (I found it so inspiring, I went to see it a second time on my prep.)  The string group was a terrific addition.  The choice of "Nearer My God to Thee" was very appropriate and several people I know shed more than a few tears while listening to it.  If you can, go to your local ceremony tomorrow.  Remember, those who forget their history are doomed to repeat it.

I have to bid a sad farewell to my grade 8 class as our term together is over.  I'm sure Maverick will miss you all as well.  Just remember to hand in any missing journals on Tuesday please.  (And if you have anything for our nearly full Operation Christmas Child box, just drop by the theatre.)  Best of luck in Art next term.  I'm sure you'll all do great and really enjoy your time with Mr. Mathieu.

Drama 9 -- We've got to see the last of the heritage plays on Tuesday!  Be ready to go no matter what.  Try to learn from the groups who have already performed.  Stay in character and keep going no matter what.  Keep the scenes moving -- don't spend too much time changing sets or running around backstage.  Speak loudly and clearly, cheat to the audience and don't be afraid to be dramatic!

Drama 10 -- We're working on the video for "The Way It Is".  Try to think of a story that is told by the lyrics of the song.  Try not to look at the video that the Sheepdogs created (that's the band performing the song).  It won't help you much anyway -- I don't think their video uses the song that well (just my opinion).  I would like your performance to use the rhythm of the music.  Try to move in time to the beat of the song, even if you're acting out a romantic story or a story about bullying or whatever!

No comments:

Post a Comment