Sunday 24 November 2013

"Rider Pride"

Many of you know I come from Saskatchewan.  You can take the girl out of the prairie, but you can't take the prairie out of the girl.  I still think of myself as being "from Sasktachewan" even though I've lived in BC for a lot longer than I did in Sasktachewan.

I watched the Grey Cup Football game today, which pitted the Sasktachewan Roughriders against the Hamilton Tiger-Cats.  The Saskatchewan Roughriders team is really important to people in Sasktachewan.  There are no other professional sports teams and so people are really behind them, even expatriates like myself.  You can imagine how happy I was that the Riders carried the day decisively!  Go Riders, go!

Don't forget that tomorrow our last spirit week of the year begins with "Sports" Day!  I'll be wearing my Rider green, you can be sure.

Parent interviews are on Wednesday and Thursday.  If your parents have questions about your achievement or anything else in the course, please encourage them to call for an appointment to see me.  You are welcome to come along to the interviews as well.

Our production of "Midsummer Night's Dream" is quickly approaching.  If you are interested in helping backstage, please come to one of the rehearsals after school this week and ask Rachel or Noa or me if there is anything you can do to help.  Our full run through will be on Friday, and if you want to be involved you need to be there.  The run through will probably take from 3 until after 5.  Opening night is December 10 at 7 and closing night is December 13.   We will do one additional evening on December 12 and two matinees at 1 p.m. on December 11 and 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment