Wednesday 22 January 2014

This is the end, my friend!

Two days left of the first semester!

I am trying to put your marks together.  If you are missing any journals, you can still write them.  Go through the blog.  The topics are all posted here.  You can come in next week and hand in journals then, if you need to.  Just make sure you let me know that you are coming as I have to supervise exams and might not be in the theatre the whole time.  You can also drop your journals in my mail box in the office, if I'm not in my class. 

A couple of you haven't recited your Shakespeare speeches for me.  You can come in and do that as well.

All of you will be performing your final plays on Thursday.  Know your lines!  Show me how well you've learned the lessons we've worked on in Drama over the semester.  Speak clearly and distinctly.  Stay in character!  Listen to the other people on stage and react!  Think about subtext and pace.  Use some of the techniques that make an impression (choral speaking, mime, tableau, music, accents, physicality of character, energy and pace).

Course planning will be one of the things you do next semester.  I hope you will consider continuing in the Drama program.  There are always new and exciting things to learn in Drama and the skills you acquire here (teamwork, concentration and focus, confidence, imagination, creative risk-taking, observation, sensory awareness, self-discipline) are all transferable to any of your future endeavours.  I have really enjoyed working with all of you this semester.  Remember, you can still be part of drama in the drama club!  We will be starting work on "The Wars of 1812" in February.

No comments:

Post a Comment