Saturday 25 January 2014

Parting is such sweet sorrow!

'Our revels now are ended'

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, 
As I foretold you, were all spirits and 
Are melted into air, into thin air: 
And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, 
The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, 
The solemn temples, the great globe itself, 
Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve 
And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, 
Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff 
As dreams are made on, and our little life 
Is rounded with a sleep. 

William Shakespeare 
From The Tempest, Act 4 Scene 1 

What a perfect selection to commemorate the end of something.  No one says anything like Shakespeare does.

I will be able to revise your marks until the end of Wednesday, but please get your journals in to me as soon as possible, to give me time to read them and evaluate your responses fairly.  I really enjoyed all of your work this semester and I feel pleased at how much we were able to accomplish.  Well done to all!

If you would like to continue to do drama, we will start auditions for "The Wars of 1812" in February after exam week.  There are only 20 speaking roles, but there are always jobs to be done backstage and ways for you to help, so pop in and see what's going on, if you aren't in the cast.  I am thinking I will assign understudy roles for the larger parts (Damien, Vanessa, Monica, Bill, and Joe) and perhaps we'll do a show with just the understudies!  If you would like to borrow a script, I will make a few copies and you can come in and read it.  I will continue to do rewrites as we rehearse, so it is definitely a work in progress.  Who knows?  There might be a few more parts by the time I'm finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment