Saturday 1 February 2014

Quantum of Solace

Just saw this movie!  It is the first James Bond movie I have ever watched!  I found it interesting in that it showed all these exotic locales, and I like Daniel Craig, Judi Dench and Giancarlo Giannini as actors -- they are interesting to watch even when they don't appear to be doing anything.  Some of the images will stay with me -- the Bolivian desert, the oil soaked woman on the pristine white bed, the snow falling softly in Russia.  I found the story a bit dense -- what in heaven's name is going on? I found myself thinking on a number of occasions.  The opening music is always good in these James Bond films -- Jack White wrote this song -- and partly that is what made me want to watch the rest of the movie.  The chase sequences were as interesting as they could possibly be -- in a plane, on a motorcycle, in cars through tunnels and of course, the chase on foot through Siena, but I do find myself bored quickly by seeing one person pursue another person, no matter what vehicle they use!  (Horse chases are always the best, because the horse is so beautiful that there is always something worth looking at.)

No comments:

Post a Comment