Sunday 23 February 2014

Let It Snow!

I wonder what it's doing where you are.  We've had snow coming down for two days, but there isn't much on the ground.  It's amazing how bright it is.  Our house is full of light thanks to the reflective quality of the snow.  Our bird feeder is quite popular with all the little birds -- I think it might be harder to find seeds and things when the ground is covered with wet snow.

We got up at four to watch the hockey game and we weren't disappointed, although the score doesn't reflect how well the Swedes played in the early part of the game.  I didn't watch the closing ceremonies.  I'm not big on ceremonial stuff but I have really enjoyed the athletic contests.  There's something basic and very dramatic there that you can't help admiring, I think.

So now it's all over and we go back to our normal lives, if there is anything really like that.  There's always something going on, isn't there?

Last night, the boys and I watched "The Social Network" about Mark Zuckerberg creating Facebook.  This summer we went to the movie about Steve Jobs.   It is interesting that these two guys who revolutionized our lives were rather similar in their personality -- both were socially inept and narcissistic, it seems.  I really liked the end of the movie with "Baby, You're a Rich Man" playing and Zuckerberg refreshing his Facebook page, after asking his pretty lawyer to "befriend" him.  A nice little bit of irony, there, I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment