Thursday 27 February 2014

Step into my parlour!

Thanks to all the parents who came to visit today.  It was so nice to meet you all and talk to you about the courses in which your children are enrolled.  Please feel free to communicate with me by email if any of you want to discuss issues which are more relevant to your own child.

No journals this week -- because . . . no Friday!!

Grade 8's:  you should be studying your lines from "The Creation of the World".  I think we will perform on Wednesday, instead of Tuesday, because I don't think any of you are ready yet.  This is a challenging project so it is incumbent on all of you to cooperate in your groups.  If you have a good idea, share it!  If someone else has an idea, listen to it.  Before you reject any idea, try it out.  It might actually be terrific.

Grade 9's:  Speak the speech, I pray you, as I pronounced it to you, trippingly on the tongue.  But if you mouth it, as many of your players do, I had as lief the town crier spoke my lines.  Nor do not saw the air too much with your hands, thus.  But use all gently.  For in the very torrent, tempest, and, as I may say, whirlwind of passion, you must acquire and beget a temperance that may give it smoothness.

Think about what your heritage projects need to push them to the next level.  You need to find out details of the time periods and the places your stories come from.  You can't just say, "the war is coming!"  The audience, which includes me, wants to know which war and where you are.

Senior Drama:  Your bullying plays will be performed on Monday, except for the group which performed today.  Congratulations to all of the lads who performed their "it's not like it matters to us" play -- it was beautifully and subtly performed and a great pleasure to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment