Sunday 15 December 2013

What? A Play Towards? I'll be an auditor, an actor, too, if I see fit!

Well, the play closed on Friday night.  We had a great crowd and received lots of words of appreciation from everyone who came to see it.  Thanks to all of you who came!  There is nothing like live theatre, in my opinion.  "A Midsummer Night's Dream" is a beautiful play, wonderfully constructed, full of great characters and memorable poetry, but SEEING it is world's apart from reading it.

I think I heard that Monday is the beginning of holiday spirit week and it is pajama day on Monday.  I will give bonuses for anyone wearing pajamas.  I don't know what the other days are but we'll find out on Monday.  More in the spirit of Christmas is the idea of giving, especially of giving to people who really need it.  The food drive is such an easy way to help.  Just bring non-perishable food to D Block and you'll have done something to help someone.  I believe there is a blanket drive going on as well and a number of worthy causes that could use your help, so find out about them and see what you can do.  When I see a homeless person begging on the street, I tell them to go to the Kettle Friendship Society at 1725 Venables Street in Vancouver.  They are open 365 days of the year and help people struggling with mental illness (many of whom end up out on the street).  They run a drop-in centre, a health clinic, a legal clinic, a rehab program and all sorts of other efforts that help people who are struggling get back on their feet.  I always ask people to donate to them if they want to give me a gift.

This week is going to be our theatre sports tournaments.  Come with a willingness to improvise and laugh.  I have sorted out your teams and we will finish up any loose ends as far as performances go on Monday and then jump in with both feet on Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment