Thursday 19 December 2013

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Happy New Year

Tomorrow is our annual Breakfast with Santa.  It is a time-honoured tradition and I hope you're able to pop in and enjoy some of the entertainment and the breakfast prepared by the kind folks from the PAC, who are getting up BEFORE the crack of dawn to start cooking!  We teachers have been stressing over "The Twelve Days of Christmas" for a while and hope it goes off well.  I usually do the "partridge in a pear tree", but I try to do something different with it every year.  I've got a plan for this year, and I'm not sure how it's going to go, but "nothing ventured, nothing gained" -- the risk is all!

After our last day, it will be pleasant to spend a couple of weeks away from school.  It is good to sleep in and relax and not have a schedule and see our families and friends and have lots of down time.  When we get back, it will be a headlong rush to the end of the semester!  I'm looking forward to reading and taking leisurely walks with my dog and hanging out with my kids and my husband.  I wish you all a wonderful holiday and look forward to seeing you all back at it in 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment