Thursday 18 December 2014

Life is a highway, I want to ride it all night long!

That's an old Tom Cochrane song, in case you didn't know.  As most of you know, I've been dealing with some pretty serious medical issues lately and feeling pretty overwhelmed and freaked out.  Everyone's been so great with lots of teachers bringing the family dinner (I haven't cooked in a couple of weeks, and it is quite exciting to look into the staff room fridge and see an aluminum foil plate or tupperware with my name on it!) and everyone trying to help in whatever way they can.  Most people are really good and kind and don't you forget it.  The ones who aren't are missing out and you needn't bother with them.

Mike remains in the hospital and things have been up and down with his surgery and the aftermath and although we are all hopeful and trying to keep things as normal as possible with going to school and all the other responsibilities we have, there are still those dark times when you are trying to read or whatever and you suddenly think what could happen.  Usually I long for down time as I get very little, but these days I don't want to sit and stew and would rather be up and about.

I am hoping for a nice quiet holiday with old movies and Charles Dickens and the Christmas tree all lit up and nice things to eat and Mike at home, but if that doesn't work out and he is still in the hospital, we will make the best of things and make sure we get him home before the New Year.  2014 has been a difficult year with these health challenges and the strike and I hope with all my heart that 2015 will be much happier and more peaceful and much less dramatic.  Who said "please let me not live in exciting times"?  (Or something like that.)

I wish you all the happiest of holidays and all the very best in 2015.  I hope it's "veally 
good"  (a reference to "Fawlty Towers").

No comments:

Post a Comment