Monday 8 July 2019

EVIL (East Vancouver Improv League)!


Last night, a friend and I went to the Havana Theatre on Commercial Drive to see some improv.  EVIL (see above) was performing and it was great fun and if you're trying to think of something to do, go to the Havana and have dinner and then take in a show.  They have a little theatre behind the restaurant and there is something going on there most evenings.  It's on Commercial Drive, too, and that is such a great street with little shops and places to have coffee and watch all the cool people stroll by.  It is so much more interesting than some of the streets in the downtown area, because it feels like people are having lively conversations all around you and the shops are all different and unique and people are friendly and dressed in ways that you think "oh, I should wear that" and the atmosphere is just very appealing.

Next Sunday, it's more improv with "Fistful of Kicks" with an alumnus from SLSS in the cast.  This group does anime-based improv, so that should be very exciting.  I don't know much about anime (maybe I'll do some research over the week!) but I'm excited to see the performance.

Tonight is the first aquafit class of the summer.  I always do aquafit at our local outdoor pool as much as I can in the summer.  I don't like to go indoors to pools, but it is nice to be outside in the fresh air and exercise in this non-threatening environment.  I feel like I have managed to get a bug (or something) in my ear and I hope that won't stop me from bouncing around in the water tonight.  I think I will try to see the doctor and see if he can take a look in my ear to see if there's anything there.  It's not buzzing or anything, but it feels kind of like there's something crinkly just inside the ear lobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment