Monday 15 July 2019

Fistful of Kicks

I went to see these guys last night and it was lots of fun, even though I know absolutely nothing about anime.  I probably learned something about it yesterday, because this group does improv based on anime and I think I recognized some of the tropes -- like the hearts flowing from the sword -- am I right?  I can't see when they next perform, but keep your eyes open because they do improvised stage fighting which is terrific and act out a story based on an audience suggestion with lots of energy and imagination.  And of course, one of our Steveston London Theatre alums is a great part of the cast!  The group has helped me rediscover the Havana which is a restaurant with a theatre in the back and you can have a bite to eat before or after the show and then see some improv, or standup or something different from the run-of-the mill theatre (not that you shouldn't see that, too!)

Okay, I'm off to see the Alberto Giacometti stuff at the Art Gallery -- even though I somehow wrenched my back reading Ice Cream Star.  I feel like a very old woman walking along with my back bent and my arms swinging helplessly.  Very pathetic.  Help me across the street if you see me!

No comments:

Post a Comment