Thursday 4 July 2019

Belated "Happy Canada Day" Wishes!

Gulls, Formation, Flag, Sky, Blue, Flags
 129 80 19
GullsFormationFlag

Well, it's still Canada after all and aren't we all glad we live in this nice peaceful country with a good standard of living and a diverse population and free medical care for everyone?  Yay, Canada!

I went to the Salmon Festival Parade in Steveston on Canada Day and it was very nice.  There were lots of people marching (including some of the kids who will be performing those historical vignettes in Steveston all summer, on Saturdays at 1 and 3 -- buy your tickets now!  Here's the link:  https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/steveston-alive-walking-tour-vignettes-tickets-62762059008 -- it will be lots of fun and you'll learn stuff about Steveston!)  This is what happened to me at the parade.  I found a nice spot to stand -- near a flower box and in the shade.  When I saw the kids coming, I put my hat on the flower box and stepped forward to wave at them as they marched by.  They looked great in period costumes from the museum.  They were handing out information about the walking tours.  Then I went back to the flower box to get my hat.  It was gone!  I looked under the flower box.  Not there!  A man was standing nearby and said, in a friendly voice, "are you looking for your hat?"

"Yes!" I said.

He smiled.  "I gave it to a little kid who was going by in a stroller."

"What?"

"Sorry.  I gave it to a little kid."

Was it your hat?  No.  Whatever possessed you?  He said he was sorry several times, but that doesn't get my hat back.  Tsk!  Canadians, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment