Wednesday 16 November 2022

Update for English 8

 Remember -- reading logs are due -- yesterday's log was about the theme of your book.

 Also your rhyming poem and on Friday, the composition about war.

You should be working on your poetry project!  Try to get Part 1 done soon!

This is what we did for reading logs on Monday:

Answer the letter from "Struggling"!

Dear Aunt Advice,

I am a first year high school student.  I like school and am a good student in all my classes.   My parents have always been proud of how well I do academically.  Here's my problem.  My best friend is not a good student.  She doesn't pay attention in class and never does her homework.  She spends a lot of her time on her phone and gets mad at me when I don't respond immediately to her messages.  But I need to spend time on my schoolwork and my parents won't let me have my phone in my room after 8 p.m.  I've told my friend this, but she still gets mad.  She says I shouldn't let my parents rule my life.  I'm afraid if I lose her friendship, I won't have any social life at all.  But if I don't keep up with my schoolwork, my parents will be mad and I won't have much of a future.  What should I do?

Yours truly,

Struggling


No comments:

Post a Comment