Saturday 18 June 2016

"Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road"

There was no journal this week because we are so close to the end of the semester.  If you still have journals to complete, get them done AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.  Remember, I still need to mark them so you have to give me time.

Convocation Day was today and all our grade 12's looked terrific in their caps and gowns.  It was a stirring ceremony with a lovely, funny, inspirational speech by our valedictorian (I try not to use names in this blog, but you all know who I mean).  I am very proud of all our drama kids who crossed the floor.  Every year, we have to bid goodbye to our stars and it is very sad and we will miss your energy and senses of humour and willingness to throw yourselves into your roles, but the Drama Club will march on because art lives.  By that, I mean it is a living thing, but unlike us, it goes on, even without us.

Here's a nice way of looking at our lives by a great, if little known Canadian, William Mulock:

I'm still at work with my hand to the plough and my face to the future.  The shadows of evening . . . lengthen about me but morning is in my heart.  The testimony I bear is this:  that the castle of enchantment is not yet behind me, it is before me still and daily I catch glimpses of its battlements and towers.  The best of life is always further on.  The real lure is hidden from our eyes, somewhere behind the hills of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment