Tuesday 7 November 2017

Speak the speech!

Grade 8's, tomorrow many of you will present your show and tell speeches.  I know it is nerve-wracking, but I don't want you to stress too much about it.  I believe fervently that if you are interested in your presentation, then all of us will be, too.

When I said, "formal" speech, I didn't mean you had to be fancy and speak in a British accent or use big words or anything.  I just meant that you should be prepared and that you should not slip into the kind of speech in which you repeat words like "like" or "yeah" or phrases like "sort of" or "kind of".

Remember, if your speech doesn't turn out as well as you hoped, you can always do it again.  I know this is difficult, but I really want you to have fun with it.  Really.

See you all tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment