Sunday 12 May 2019

Only mothers can think of the future -- because they give birth to it in their children. (Maxim Gorky)

Happy Mother's Day!

My mother was an enthusiastic, energetic, loving person and I am so blessed to have had her influence over me all my life.  She taught me so many things -- that every cloud has a silver lining, that I was worthy of love and care, that I had a responsibility to others, that what I did mattered, that the world is a beautiful, wondrous place and that we should treasure it.   She taught me to notice the songs of the birds and the amazing nature of the things around us.  She taught me to treat others the way I want to be treated.  She taught me to look forward, not back.  She taught me to think deeply about things and wonder and ask questions and feel strong.

Do something nice for your mom today.

No comments:

Post a Comment