Friday 9 October 2020

A-One Update - Happy Thanksgiving!

 A1  - Great scenes from The Wars today!  I know that most of you aren't actors, but I do want to be able to hear you clearly, see that you understand the sense of the scene and show what happens to the class.  I was really pleased with all of the scenes.

Over the weekend, you should start working on your bildungsroman short story.  I will give you a due date in the next while, but it is good to have an idea where you're going.

You should also be thinking of a theme for the upcoming poetry project (described in the course outline on September 28).  Think of a theme you'd be interested in exploring.

Also, mull over debate topics -- we will begin debating after we finish reading The Wars.  You should finish reading the book.  I wonder if any of you correctly predicted the ending.

Next day (Wednesday) -- Jack will ask the question of the day.

-------------------------------------------

A2 -- You should make sure you read to page 203 in The Wars.

Take a look at the course outline to see what I am talking about when I refer to the poetry project.

***********************************************

Everyone . . . have a great long weekend.  Think of things for which you are grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment