Tuesday 9 February 2021

"My mistakes are my life." - Samuel Beckett

 Samuel Beckett is one of the supreme playwrights of the 20th century.  His most famous play is "Waiting for Godot" which contains the line "I can't go on.  I'll go on."  It is a brief portrait of the human condition.  Life is such a struggle, sometimes, that we feel defeated, but we soldier on bravely and face the struggle and learn.  When I was young, I thought Samuel Becket was too bleak and hopeless, but now, in my new found wisdom, I realize that he is showing us how brave and indomitable people are.

I am going to try to keep both halves of Senior Drama in the same loop so here is an update about what we did yesterday in A2.  We continued our review of modes of presenting material with choral speaking.  Today, A1 will continue the review.  I hope you are all thinking about how we can present an interactive Valentine's month show to some other classes.  I don't believe we will be able to invite anyone into the theatre, but there is always Zoom and I'm sure you guys all know far more about how we can have an online presence than I do.

Senior Drama students -- please let me know if you have been placed in the course (Performance, Production, Directing and Scriptwriting) you wish to be enrolled in.  I will deal with the counsellors on this matter for you.

Drama 9 -- we are starting to work on the building blocks of commedia dell'arte.

You should all be saying your Shakespeare piece out loud every day.  Today the journals are due.

No comments:

Post a Comment