Monday 3 January 2022

Best wishes for 2022!

Hi everyone,

I have not posted here since the solstice, but I know that many of you are likely wondering what is going to be happening over the next weeks.  Me, too!  The minister of education has said that students are going to get a few more days of vacation before we start classes, but I have no idea what things will look like when we return (teachers are going back tomorrow).  I do know that the admin is having a meeting this morning and that after that meeting, they will probably know more and I also know that they are trying to plan our return (and your return)!

I have lots of questions and we will be having a virtual staff meeting tomorrow and some of my questions might be answered then (I hope).  I will post here when I learn any more information.

One thing I do know is that the ministry of education said we are not doing online teaching or learning, but of course, all of you have things you could be working on over the extended holidays.

English 11 students:  you should be reading the novel you borrowed from me in the last school week of December.  Be thinking about a short passage from the novel that you could read out loud to the class (a passage about 1 minute long).  If you have been reading Macbeth (I hope so), you could take a look at the Michael Fassbender film (he plays Macbeth and Marion Cotillard plays Lady Macbeth) or if you want a special treat, take a look at "Throne of Blood" directed by the great Akiro Kurosawa starring Toshiro Mifune.  Kurosawa loved Shakespeare and created some great films based on Shakespeare's plays.  I think "Ran" is my favourite -- it is based on King Lear. 

Senior Drama:  Actors, you should be learning the monologues that I provided for you.  Theatre Production:  Plan out your sound and light shows.  Directing/Scriptwriting:  Come up with a concept for a short one act play (1 minute = 1 page, so possibly 5 pages).

Drama 9/10:  Work on your monologues.  Think about the scenarios that I gave you before the holidays -- what scenes do you need to add?

Drama 8:  Put together some music for your fairy tale mimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment