Friday 17 October 2014

Mama Flew!

Well, opening night went okay.  We got Haylee (the bride to be) into the truck without much trouble (although I dropped my purse which contains all my props for the show when I was climbing out of the truck and then the lights went out and I had to get down on my hands and knees (in a nun costume, I might add) and scramble around to find it and then dash across the theatre backstage to get to my next entrance). Colleen (my daughter in the play) and Sarien (my daughter-in-law to be) and I are running throughout most of the show.  I have four costume changes and entrances from everywhere in the theatre.

So now we know we can do it, so the rest will be more manageable.  You never know on opening night if you can actually get through a performance.  Not until you try it.  It's been fun.  We've worked well together for the most part and I like my character.  She's got spunk and I like that -- she doesn't let anyone discourage her!

No comments:

Post a Comment