Tuesday 31 March 2020

Happy April Fool's Day!

Question of the Day:  Have you ever successfully played a prank on someone or had a prank played on you?  If not, think of someone who would be good to fool -- how would you fool them?

The only time I was really successful was one year when I told my husband (who I woke up from a sound sleep) that there was a fox in the back yard.  He was really excited and jumped up and ran to the window to see it and then I merrily said, "April Fool!" and he was SO DISAPPOINTED!  He had been so excited at the prospect of seeing a wild fox right in our yard and then his hopes were dashed to hear "April fool!" I haven't ever wanted to fool anyone since.  I always feel so badly about having disappointed him.

Warm-up:  How many four (or more) letter words can you make out of the name "Shakespeare"?  Give yourself two minutes and see how many you get.  This is a warm-up that gets you thinking!

Hope you are having fun with the little projects I gave you.  We had a staff meeting today to talk about where we are going next.  There is still not much information from the Ministry of Education and no one knows when we will be back to normal school.  The district has decided to survey students and see how many of you have access to different forms of technology -- make sure you fill in the survey because that is supposed to help things get rolling.

Any thoughts about what you could contribute to the yearbook about your pandemic experience?

No comments:

Post a Comment