Sunday 1 March 2020

Thanks!

I was notified on Thursday that I have been named "BC Drama Teacher of the Year" (!) and that the way the organization (Vancouver Academy of Dramatic Art, Arts Club Theatre, Vancouver International Film Festival, and Women in Film and Television Vancouver) chooses the recipient is by students writing in and nominating their teacher.  The person who told me I had been chosen sent me some really nice comments from some of you which touched me a great deal.  As most of you know, I work quite hard, but often, I feel like I'm spinning my wheels and I wonder if I'm doing things properly and if I'm helping or hindering and although this won't allay those concerns, it is really nice to be nominated by my students and to receive all the great prizes (two passes to the VIFF, tickets to Arts Club performances,  tickets to the WIFT film festival and an award given out at the end of next month).  Apparently, I can have students at the gala which is at 7 on March 31, so if any of you (past and present) are interested in attending let me know and I can arrange it.

Thank you to all of you who thought of me and of course, thank you to those of you who show up every day (or most of the days!) and take creative risks and get up on stage and share your ideas and try to do what is best for your group or for the play and to all of you who like Drama (which we all know is a terrific learning ground for life skills)!  My new mantra seems to be "never doubt the ability of the theatre to change lives".


No comments:

Post a Comment