Tuesday 15 September 2020

You begin this way . . .

Well, we have that very difficult first day under our belts now.  I always feel nervous on the first day (even after 28 years of first days!) and I want to thank you all for having made it manageable.  Lots of your teachers really appreciate your wearing masks and following the rules for safety and health.

Everyone, please remember to give your parents the letters I gave you.  My hope is that the letter will help allay some of their concerns about this unusual "back to school" and also give them some insight into what you will be doing over the course of the quarter.

English 12:  I am looking forward to meeting the second half of my English class this morning.  For those of you I saw yesterday, your homework is to answer the questions about the poem, "You Begin" and begin to plan your oral book report.  A couple of you had some good questions -- for the illustration of the poem (#2), ideally, I would like a drawing, but if you want to describe your illustration in words, that's fine, too.  For the book report, if you would rather speak about a non-fiction book, that's fine.  Instead of the plot and characters, you can describe the message of the book and the author's purpose in writing it.   Remember to begin each home session with 20 minutes of reading and then write in your reading log.  I read your writing samples and was very pleased with the quality of your work.

Drama 8:  We will begin mime today!  I hope you all remember each other's names.  I am going to be working on that over the next few days.  Remember to have a duotang, some paper and a pen for Friday.  Put the handout I gave you in the front of the duotang.

Drama Club:  If you are interested in participating in the Steveston Historical Society's vignettes this coming summer (2021), we are having a Zoom meeting on Thursday at 6 p.m.  We will be discussing the idea of turning history into theatre and the coordinator of the vignettes will be there, along with the writer of the vignettes and one of our past performers who are going to be working on updating the script.  If you are interested, email me and I will send you the link.

If you are interested in performing in "Spoon River Anthology", please send me an email.  I am thinking about how it will be presented and sometime next week, I will start choosing roles, so I need to know if you would like to participate!

Have a great day two, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment