Thursday 24 September 2020

Enjoy your professional day!

 A couple of the A1 students asked me to post info on class after we had class today, so I will try to do that.  It is likely a good idea because then we can keep both halves of the class on track.   I will try to post an update daily for each class and then general notes for all of you as well.

For A1, today, we talked about having a grammar quiz on Tuesday, when we meet again.  (That would mean A2 would likely have the quiz on Wednesday.  I guess I will create two different quizzes!)

On Sept. 29, Esther, Travis, Angus and Jack will do their book reports.

Aya will ask the question of the day.  

We talked about the idea of the "bildungsroman" and I would like you to think of something that you could use as the seed of a story of your "coming of age".  The traditional bildungsroman takes this form -- it begins with an emotional loss; the goal is maturity; the protagonist faces difficulty; there is a conflict between the protagonist and society; in the end, the protagonist is accepted into society and they accept the society's values and are happy with their place in the world. 

I had thought to collect your reading logs yesterday and today but I forgot!  I will do it on Thursday and Friday of next week.

A2:  On September 28, Aden, Shelley and Cheryse will present their book reports.  We will show our photographs (those who haven't already) and talk about them.  

Tracy will ask the question of the day.

You will have a grammar quiz on September 30.

Since you have a long weekend ahead, I've asked all of you to read on to page 108, or to the end of Section 2, chapter 10.

Keep dry!

No comments:

Post a Comment