Wednesday 30 September 2020

"Some minuet"

 A1's -- remember that I will want to collect your reading logs today.  Obviously, I want you to keep reading after you do your book report.  I expect that you will continue to do 20 minutes of reading on your off-days and write in your reading logs.  I have given you topics up to now to write on.  From now on, you should write whatever you want in response to what you've read.  As an example, if I was writing reading logs about The Wars and we have been assigned to read to page 120, I might write about how much I like Juliet d'Orsey (much more than Barbara).  I might also write about her speculation that Harris was in love with Robert.  I don't think he was.  Or I might draw a picture of how Siegfried Sassoon (the poet) describes walking along and seeing  a soldier dead with his head smashed in and accompany it with the line "I still maintain that an ordinary human being has a right to be horrified by a mangled body seen on an afternoon walk".  The main thing is to think about what you read.

You should have something to show for your inspirational patriotic Canada item -- a brave speech, a rousing song, a catchy slogan, a colourful poster!

A2's -- same thing on Friday!



No comments:

Post a Comment