Saturday 3 May 2014

As tears go by

That's a line from an old Rolling Stones song.

I think it is finally dawning on me that I won't be working with some of you on any more plays.  I was emailing my sister this morning and telling her about our closing night and how terrific you all were and I confess I shed a few (maybe more than a few!) tears.  I think I've said this before, but I can never thank you enough for all of your hard work and devotion to your craft -- I wish we could just hold time back and do just a little bit more!  But you all have great plans and I know you will all be great successes at whatever you do.

I must tell you that Sylvie's speech and your recitation of "All the world's a stage" will be one of the supreme moments of my life as a teacher.  (Here come those silly tears again!)  It was absolutely the perfect way to remind me of what a privilege it is to be able to work with all of you and how great it has been to share the last five years with you.

Have a nice quiet weekend -- take it easy.  I am going to try not to talk at all -- just sit and read and look out at the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment