Saturday 30 January 2016

Clothes make the man

Ever thought about what your clothes say about you?  (I think I already know what mine say about me -- according to a friend of mine, they say that I don't have a clue how to dress!)  I read an interesting article about a Kelowna fashion instructor who has decided to wear the same dress for 180 days (that's six months).  Why? you might ask.  Well, she says that fashion trends are changing so quickly that people are constantly buying clothes to keep up (well, not me, but other people) and it is a strain on the environment and a feast of consumerism.  She decided to use the project to fundraise for an elementary school in Kelowna (I'm not sure how that works, but if you want to look into it, her name is Ingrid Ulrich).  She has chosen a versatile black dress and has said she can wear it with clothing she already has and she has also allowed herself to buy used or consignment clothes.  I'm sure she'll look great, because you really can find a lot of great stuff at Value Village!

This is my Monday post because I'm thinking after my first day of four on the floor and then the staff meeting afterwards, I will be too overwhelmed to do anything except lie on the couch and watch endless episodes of "Forensic Files"!

If you have journals for me, get them to me by Tuesday as that is the absolutely final, last day for me to make changes to report cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment