Thursday 7 January 2016

Lessons learned!

It's journal day!  First journal of the brand new year!

Grade 8's:  Which moral from the Aesop's plays should you learn?  Tell a little story about yourself and why that lesson is important for you to learn.

Grade 9's and 10's:  Who are you playing in the movie scenes?  What does your character want?  What obstacles does she or he face?  (Make strong choices.)  How are you similar to the character?  (You're both human beings, so you must share some qualities -- as an actor, you need to seek out these similarities.)  How are you different?  What is the dominating emotion in the scene?  Make a connection between the emotion the character feels and an emotion you have felt.

Theatre Production:  What is the theme of your sound and light show?  What are you trying to say through your show?  What problems do you anticipate in creating your show?  How will you deal with them?

Make sure you put your NAME on your journal!  There were so many without names last week.

I am going car shopping on Saturday!  I have to get a new car, but I have never shopped for a car before!  My first car was given to me by my mom -- it was my dad's car and when he died, my mom gave it to me.  I drove it for a very long time, until it was totalled by a Port Moody snow plough.  My second car was found for me by Mr. Evans (who used to teach at Steveston-London).  It was an old car, but the people hadn't driven it very much, and it lasted quite a long time.  Then when it "gave up the ghost", my husband found a car for me that an old acquaintance was selling.  The last time I had it repaired the repairman said that it was reaching the end of its life, that he wasn't sure how many more times he would be able to fix it.  Now, the "service engine soon" light has come on, so I figure it is time to find something else.   I have only owned three cars in my life (a rather long life, so I guess this is unusual).  I don't know much about cars, so I don't really know how to approach the purchase of one.  I suppose there are questions one should ask -- does the car get good gas mileage?  is it sturdy (if something hits it, will I be crushed?)  What else would you ask?  A friend of mine is going to come along and she knows more about cars, so I'm hoping she will do some of the talking.  Mr. Price has recommended a Honda Fit, and so that is what I intend to look at.  I hope it won't take too long.  I hate shopping anyway, and this is going to be torment.

2 comments:

  1. Kosar, if it helps, I had a Honda Fit for 2+ years and it was absolutely the best car I've had in my (admittedly short) driving life. Lots of trunk room and more than enough leg room for Brad and myself, two pretty tall gentlefolk. I would strongly recommend it alongside Mr. Price.

    -SJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am playing Max from "Rebecca", and in this scene I want to be with "Girl". I haven't seen the movie, but I think some obstacles could be Girl's innocence, which could make her reluctant to be in a relationship. I think that I am similar in that I am also British, but I'm not sure that Max is British. I'm pretty sure that that's where the similarities end. I'm not in the type of deep love that Max has towards Girl. The dominating emotion seems to be love on both sides.

    ReplyDelete