Sunday 24 May 2020

Colour your world! (Lesson for May 25)

Question of the Day:  What famous person from history (must be dead now), would you like to replace for one day?  Why?  I think I'd like to be Cleopatra for a day.  I just watched "Antony and Cleopatra" presented by the NationalTheatre@home and then I read the play again.  In the play, this is how she is described -- "Age cannot wither her, nor custom stale her infinite variety".  She was so exciting and brave and strong-willed.  She apparently embraced life and had all sorts of adventures and experiences and I think it would be interesting to see what it was like to live in Egypt so long ago.

Warm-up:
Art 8:  Blindfold yourself.  Draw a picture of something you see everyday.  Take off the blindfold and see what you drew.
Drama 9/10:  Practice your monologue.  You will present the monologue on Monday, June 1.  It needs to be memorized and it is nice if you can stage it -- make an entrance, plan out how you will be moving and how you will use your voice.  Think about to whom you are speaking and your motivation in saying what you say.
Theatre Production 11:  Here is a film that gives an overview of Greek Theatre, which is where western theatre (like Broadway and London's West End and our own little theatre) got its start.  If you are looking for a time in theatre history for which we have quite a bit of information (and you don't want to do Shakespeare) this might be interesting.  https://www.nationaltheatre.org.uk/file/introduction-greek-theatre
One of my life's dreams was to see a play in Greece at the beautiful theatre at Epidaurus, which is known as one of the most perfectly designed theatres for acoustics in the world.  I got to fulfill this dream and saw a production of "Lysistrata" (one of the great comedies written by Aristophanes) there.  It was glorious!

Lesson:
Art 8:  Your "Something Happened" drawing is due tomorrow.
Drama 9/10:  You need to make sure your group has submitted your third heritage play!  Monologues will be performed a week from today.
Theatre Production 11:  Work on your theatre history project.

Remember our Zoom meetings:
A Block -- Wednesday at 1:30
B Block -- Friday at 12:30
C Block -- Thursday at 12:30

3 comments:

  1. I think it would be pretty interesting to be an assistant to Leonardo Da Vinci for a day, and help him make all the crazy inventions he comes up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to check if you received our group's heritage play as we have not gotten an email back yet
    - Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I wonder if Leonardo would let you help! Madeline, I did get it and I thought I had sent my feedback, but I will resend it!!! Thanks for letting me know.

    ReplyDelete